Color photo of the Siloam Inscription which is a Hebrew inscription of the building of Hezekiah’s tunnel.
In 1880, a young boy was playing inside of Hezekiah’s tunnel and noticed some marks etched into the rock wall. It was nearly 80 feet from the opening and it appeared to be writing. He told his teacher, Dr. Schick, who determined that it was written in Hebrew, and related to the building of the tunnel. The inscription was cut out of the wall and is now located at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem.
The Inscription Reads:
“The tunnel is completed. This is the story of the tunnel. While the stone cutters were lifting up the pick, each toward his neighbor (from opposite ends), and while they were yet three cubits apart, there was heard a voice of one calling to another, and after the pick struck against pick; and waters flowed from the Spring to the Pool, 1200 cubits, and 100 cubits was the height of the rock above.”
These images can be used for projection, lamination or color print from postcard to poster size. [One Year License]